With the arrival of DLC fighter Sephiroth comes a new update to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Version 10.0.0 is now live and available for download. It brings with it the special Sephiroth Challenge mode (check out the details here), as well as multiple fixes and changes.
- The Sephiroth Challenge mode event has been added for a limited time.
- You can attempt this mode if you’ve purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2. Defeating Sephiroth will unlock him as a playable fighter and grant access to his stage.
- This mode will appear on the upper left of the main menu. Press the + Button to take on the challenge.
- Once the event period is over, the mode will become unavailable, but Sephiroth and his stage will be unlocked immediately for anyone who has purchased the Sephiroth Challenger Pack or the Fighters Pass Vol. 2.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
Note that you cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
Sephiroth arrives on December 22, just as a reminder for those who might be holding out until then. Let us know what you think of these developments in the comments and on social media!