Destiny 2 players have been spending lots of time recently braving the chilly bite of winter while exploring Europa’s harsh frozen landscapes. Starting today they can find a warm respite with the return of the Dawning, our annual free holiday event where all Guardians can spread cheer and earn great gear along the way. Grab a mug of your favorite drink, pull up a chair, and listen to a quick rundown on what you can expect from the Dawning, which runs from December 15 to January 5.
As is the case with many holidays, it starts with food. Just as in previous years, Guardians will be baking lovely holiday treats and sharing them with luminaries in the solar system. Simply gather the required ingredients while adventuring, bring them back to Eva Levante’s Holiday Oven in the Tower and, voila, you’ll have delectable delights to share with vendors throughout the game.
Gifts are a big part of the Dawning this year and Guardians will not only be baking cookies for their favorite friends, they’ll also be working together to earn great rewards along the way, including a brand new Exotic ship to sail the stars in. By sharing baked goods with vendors, completing Dawning bounties, or claiming Dawning Triumphs, players will generate Dawning Spirit. Once players have earned enough Dawning Spirit, they’ll be able to unlock customizable options for your Exotic ship such as multiple engine effects, a Dawning-themed transmat effect, and a unique animated shader.
While generating Dawning Spirit will help players progress towards individual rewards, the Dawning is about sharing that spirit with everyone. The more Dawning Spirit generated by all Guardians, the more great rewards Eva will have available for everyone to claim. There are multiple tiers of rewards, including currency like enhancement cores, Dawning weapons, and, yes, maybe a gag gift or two. The more you earn, the better the rewards that will be available to all.
In addition to the Exotic ship, players will also be able to get their hands on a new Legendary Fusion Rifle, Glacioclasm. This ornately wrought energy weapon would be the perfect conversation piece mounted above your hearth, but is probably better served in your hands as you trek through the solar system, trimming down your naughty list as you go. If you’re shopping for something specific, Tess Everis will also have Dawning-themed delights on hand in the Eververse Store, including an elf-themed Ghost Shell, weapon ornaments, and more.
Guardians who wish to celebrate the Dawning will be able to do so until January 5, when the annual event closes. Remember: have fun, eat well, and enjoy all the pleasures this special season brings!
AN IMMERSIVE STORY
You are a Guardian, defender of the Last City of humanity in a solar system under siege by infamous villains. Look to the stars and stand against the darkness. Your legend begins now.
Choose from the armored Titan, mystic Warlock, or swift Hunter.
• Disciplined and proud, Titans are capable of both aggressive assaults and stalwart defenses. Set your hammer ablaze, crack the sky with lightning, and go toe-to-toe with any opponent. Your team will stand tall behind the strength of your shield.
• Warlocks weaponize the mysteries of the universe to sustain themselves and destroy their foes. Rain devastation on the battlefield and clear hordes of enemies in the blink of an eye. Those who stand with you will know the true power of the Light.
• Agile and daring, Hunters are quick on their feet and quicker on the draw. Fan the hammer of your golden gun, flow through enemies like the wind, or strike from the darkness. Find the enemy, take aim, and end the fight before it starts.
COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER
Play with or against your friends and other Guardians in various PvE and PvP game modes.
• Exciting co-op adventures teeming await with rare and powerful rewards. Dive into the story with missions, quests, and patrols. Put together a small fireteam and secure the chest at the end of a quick Strike. Or test your team’s skill with countless hours of raid progression – the ultimate challenge for any fireteam. You decide where your legend begins.
• Face off against other players in fast-paced free-for-all skirmishes, team arenas, and PvE/PvP hybrid competitions. Mark special competitions like Iron Banner on your calendar and collect limited-time rewards before they’re gone. Then, when you’re ready, enter Trials of Osiris, where the only thing between you and glory are the best players in the world.
EXOTIC WEAPONS AND ARMOR
Thousands of weapons, millions of options. Discover new gear combinations and define your own personal style. The hunt for the perfect arsenal begins.
105 GB hard drive storage space required as of November 10, 2020. Subject to change. Requires broadband internet. After November 10, 2020 see www.destinythegame.com/size-requirements for current requirements prior to purchase. Significant elements and functionality require Xbox Live Gold subscription, sold separately.
Bungie, Inc. makes no guarantee regarding the availability of online play or features and may modify or discontinue online services with reasonable notice at any time. Using the software constitutes acceptance of the Destiny Software License Agreement available at www.bungie.net/sla.
© 2020 Bungie, Inc. All rights reserved. Destiny, the Destiny Logo, Bungie and the Bungie Logo are trademarks of Bungie, Inc. Published and distributed by Bungie, Inc.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season One Bring New Maps, Weapons, and More
Rocket League’s Frosty Fest is Now Live
Xbox and Bungie Broke the Guinness World Records Title for Largest Projected Video Game Display