Yuta’s relationship with Rika in Jujutsu Kaisen is a complex and evolving one, and it’s understandable why you might be confused about how she’s still around after the events of Jujutsu Kaisen 1. Here’s a breakdown of the situation:
In Jujutsu Kaisen 1:
- Rika’s spirit becomes a powerful cursed spirit due to Yuta’s immense grief and cursed energy.
- Yuta struggles to control Rika’s power, and their bond becomes increasingly destructive.
- By the end of the movie, Yuta manages to break the curse and free Rika’s spirit, allowing her to move on peacefully.
However, in the main Jujutsu Kaisen storyline:
- Yuta still possesses a form of “Rika,” but it’s not her soul. It’s explained that the “vessel” called Rika has become Yuta’s cursed technique.
- This Rika acts as a sentient storage of cursed energy and tools for Yuta. She can be summoned and used in combat, but she doesn’t have Rika Orimoto’s personality or memories.
- Yuta can now fully control this Rika, unlike his earlier struggles with the vengeful spirit.
Here are some key points to remember:
- The Rika in Jujutsu Kaisen is not the same Rika as in Jujutsu Kaisen 1.
- Rika Orimoto’s soul has moved on.
- The current Rika is a manifestation of Yuta’s cursed energy and serves as his powerful technique.
- While this Rika doesn’t have Rika Orimoto’s personality, she still represents their bond and Yuta’s desire to protect her memory.
I hope this explanation clarifies things! If you have any further questions about Jujutsu Kaisen or Rika, feel free to ask.